The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
jewelsangel
Members

jewelsangel Between 10 and 49 points
Default Some things about Jewel!

I was just looking at photos of Jewel when she got married!! Aww so beautiful!!

And I'm getting married in FIVE weeks!! I actually can't believe it! When I'm signing the register I'm going to have a Jewel song playing. Probably 2 become 1, maybe This Way. But I'm not sure. Does anyone have any suggestions of what they think is a perfect song by Jewel for a wedding? I'm also going to have some Jewel songs for backing music to my wedding dvd!

I'm so excited about the Lullaby cd! I want to have a baby now just so I can play the cd to the baby!! haha!

Also that's so exciting about Jewel being on Dancing with the Stars! Does anyone know if that programme gets shown in the UK??

Thanks!

Chloe xx
jewelsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
piecesofuk
JKF Member

piecesofuk Between 10 and 49 points

Hi Chloe, congratulations on your forthcoming wedding! What about I Do or What's Simple Is True for wedding songs?

Dancing With The Stars is on Watch in the UK, the first show is on 12th March at 8pm.

Chris.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
Sonne
Super JKF Member

Sonne Between 0 and 10 points

Hi Jewelsangel:

First of all let me congratulate you

DWTS: I don´t like those shows actually jeje.

I also can´t wait for the new CD to come out

And which song you could play...??? mmm... What about "Haunted"? jaja no no joke!

Mmm... This is a bit hard, I had took Jewel before when I didn´t knew her that much as a love headed kind of lyrics type, but she write very painful stuff something or about disillusionment and I think that´s not what you are looking for, therefore I agree with piecesofuk and select "I do" because she wrote it thinking about Ty and their marriage
One that also could make it is "Stand" or "2 find U" (this one have a very beautiful lyrics and more if you are sentimental involve in a relationship as I guess you do )

Take care and be happy!
Sonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:36 PM   #4
jewelsangel
Members

Thanks Chris!! Can u believe the young girl u used to chat to is getting married!?? Hehe. And thanks Sonne!

I had thought of What's Simple Is True for a wedding song, but I like a lot of other Jewel songs above that one so decided against it. Even tho the line "what's simple is true, I love you" is just perfect! hehe. Had thought of I Do as well, starting to consider it again.

Yeah, a lot of Jewel's songs are quite serious and not really the love song you want for a wedding! It is harder than u might think to find a song!!

What is 2 Become 1 actually about?? Because I love the lyrics like "don't move, this mood is a painting, we'll never find the same thing" "love, lets make time stand still, let this moment last until..." and "like a bird owns its wing, like song belongs to melody, you belong to me". But is it about relationships or about....sex??

Let me know cos obviously the latter isn't really appropriate to be played during a wedding!!

Thanks!

Chloe xx
Old 03-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
Sonne
Super JKF Member

Ohhh jajaja I don´t think it´s literally about sex.
I think it´s more about a spiritual connection between two persons beyond the part of sex. At least so I have ever feel the song.

Take care
Old 04-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
jewelsangel
Members

Hello!

I'm getting married tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm very excited!
Have chosen I Do for the signing of the register and then 2 Become 1 is on the cd after it in case the signing takes a long time!!
For our music for the dvd we have 2 Become 1, Drive To You and This Way!

Chloe xx
Old 04-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #7
Sonne
Super JKF Member

I wish you the best
Be very happy and have a wonderful day

Take care
Old 04-05-2009, 08:44 PM   #8
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Chloe - Hope you had the most beautiful day. I can't wait to see photos of the wedding. Only the birth of my daughter beats my wedding day but that's a very close second.

great song choices and I wouldn't think of anything better. Let us know how the big day went.

big hugs
Kiera

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote