The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > Help and Forum Notices
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-19-2005, 08:30 AM   #1
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

ok, no offense, i have to open the forum, and the thread like again just for the stupid thing to realize i've already read it - it's annoying...i reply...it says it viewed it....then go back...to the main page...says there's a new post...by who other than myself....but yet i already viewed it? i shouldn't have to do it twice! - that's just one thing that bugs me about it - i guess i didn't notice this silly annoyance in the JEWELINK forum - though this one's benefits far outweigh the badness - though we could use a few more people - some @ the JEWELINK refuse to move here - they think it's more official...oh well...it's their loss! :lovejkf:

i probably figure this post will be moved to the HELP HOW AND RULES SECTION - though that title don't work really for bugs ?
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 07:48 PM   #2
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

This forum software does have little quirks like that. I have noticed that too. Another thing I've noticed is that despite the fact that you can edit the first post in a thread I cannot seem to edit the title. You can edit it, but it never actually changes. I think it works for admin/mods, but not for standard users.

Overall, this software is great. Have you compared it to the "official" forums? They are in a different century compared to this forum. And the old "official" forums were always breaking down and there were software issues too. For example you could never search in the old forums. Ever.

:lovejkf: :lovejkf: :lovejkf: :lovejkf: :lovejkf:
Old 03-20-2005, 08:03 PM   #3
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

It is just something we will have to put up with I'm afraid. I too find it a little annoying but I just check to see who was the last poster, if it is me, then I don't go back in there.

We are restricted with the software of invision free boards so unless they fix this in a patch, we have to live with it.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:20 AM   #4
MrCC
JKF Member

To me it's a minor issue. Overall the software it great. Thanks for even making these boards at all.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:17 AM   #5
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Your very welcome Mike! :D

Actually I was doing a little investigating. It turns out this was the same on the old site software and it is the same on vBulletin software on another board I help run but I never noticed it there before.

Looks like it is a general thing.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:08 PM   #6
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

yah...everything else is great though...really.... :unsure:
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:27 PM   #7
MrCC
JKF Member

Quote:
Originally posted by little_bird@Mar 21 2005, 12:17 AM

Actually I was doing a little investigating. It turns out this was the same on the old site software and it is the same on vBulletin software on another board I help run but I never noticed it there before.

Looks like it is a general thing.
I notice that sometimes if you hit refresh it will fix this. I wonder if this is related to web caching. I think it might just be that you are not getting the most up to date page in your browser.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:07 AM   #8
MrCC
JKF Member

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelsjewel@Mar 19 2005, 01:30 AM
ok, no offense, i have to open the forum, and the thread like again just for the stupid thing to realize i've already read it - it's annoying...i reply...it says it viewed it....then go back...to the main page...says there's a new post...by who other than myself....but yet i already viewed it? i shouldn't have to do it twice! - that's just one thing that bugs me about it
OK. After all this time I think I have solved how to fix this -- sort of. When you go back to the menu showing the four forums click on the box with Jewel's photo next to any forums that you want to look like they has been viewed already.

:clapjoy: