The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 04-07-2005, 05:38 PM   #1
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

They finally updated the forums at unedited. They went with vBulletin software and have a menu of 11 smilies! Don't worry Dave and Kiera, they'll never catch you at that rate. ;) Here's the first post by user SamRamey:

Quote:
Jewel on tv
A 60-second ad to air Sunday night on various networks and cable channels features actors, musicians and religious leaders. Among them are Jewel, Penelope Cruz, Tom Hanks and Mos Def.
Here's a screenshot:

Old 04-07-2005, 08:07 PM   #2
folderol and
Members

folderol and Between 10 and 49 points

It looks well-designed, but rather empty.
folderol and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:22 PM   #3
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

well....quality of smilies is better than quantity i say !

the forum on there does look really nice.....a bit new for my taste though since no one posts there...lmao :devil1:
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:35 PM   #4
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

I like the new forum so much better now. Though, I doubt I'd still post there too often. I like how there's a lot of new features. :) Not that it matters. ;)

And Michael, there are very few posts because they just started from scratch and deleted all the other posts. There are a few more now since Mike took that screenshot.

&quot;I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
&quot;
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:40 PM   #5
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

It's sooo much work having to sign in there and everything. This forum is soo much more convenient
Old 04-08-2005, 01:45 AM   #6
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

nice to know angel_eyes how u picked on me for saying basically the same thing david did - but yet i'm to blame...yah i know it's new.....just i don't like new forums that haven't really been started....
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:06 AM   #7
MrCC
JKF Member

Here's another source about the 60 Second Commercial:

Quote:
A-list celebs contribute to AIDS and poverty campaign
Associated Press

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. ? Brad Pitt is among the A-list celebrities featured in new public service announcements for a campaign led by U2 singer Bono to fight poverty and AIDS.
ADVERTISEMENT

The campaign wasn't immediately asking for donations but simply raising awareness and recruiting new advocates, Bono said Wednesday.

"We're not just asking for people to put cash in the pot here," the singer said. "Americans are generous, we know they'll do that. We're not actually asking for their money, we're asking for their voice."

Pitt, who visited Africa after being inspired by Bono's advocacy, said he was struck by how extreme poverty there has made it difficult for the sick to gain access to drugs to minimize the effects of AIDS.

"I've seen it, I've been there, and to walk away from it and turn my back makes me culpable," the actor said. "And I can't do that."

A 60-second ad to air Sunday night on various networks and cable channels features actors, musicians and religious leaders, including Jewel, Penelope Cruz, Tom Hanks, Mos Def, Al Pacino and Jamie Foxx.

Completing each other's sentences, each appears in black-and-white, peering into the camera and saying a few words.
Source: Article Source
Old 04-08-2005, 01:19 PM   #8
LonelyLullaby
Members

LonelyLullaby Between 10 and 49 points

I don't know. To me the forum looks like one of those big ones, where no one knows others and everyone posts on a topic once in a blue moon; not because it's empty right now but because it looks like it's getting there.. I'm all the way for this one :devil1:
LonelyLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 05:21 PM   #9
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

It's nice to see they used some decent software though heavily customised it is very well done.

Good for them!

Eh, Mike, did you post that in the wrong place coz I'm confused!

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:21 PM   #10
MrCC
JKF Member

Quote:
Originally posted by little_bird@Apr 8 2005, 09:21 AM
It's nice to see they used some decent software though heavily customised it is very well done.

Good for them!

Eh, Mike, did you post that in the wrong place coz I'm confused!
No, it's a two part thread. The first post in the updated "official" forum was a user telling us that Jewel will be in a 60 second commercial. I was just giving an update to that with more details.

Read the subtitle to this thread. You can be confused all you want. There's no law against that ... yet. ;)

:lovejkf:
Old 04-09-2005, 03:13 AM   #11
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelsjewel@Apr 7 2005, 08:45 PM
nice to know angel_eyes how u picked on me for saying basically the same thing david did - but yet i'm to blame...yah i know it's new.....just i don't like new forums that haven't really been started....
I wasn't picking on you, I simply didn't know that you knew they had deleted the other posts. The difference between your post and David's post was that David just said it looks empty, you said that no one posts there. I'm sorry if I offended you, but I didn't mean to. :rolleyes:

&quot;I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
&quot;
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 08:25 AM   #12
MrCC
JKF Member

I just happened to screen shot it when there was only one post. That's why I started this thread. To let everyone know that they finally updated their software. There are more posts there now, but there's still not nearly the amount of posting volume as we see in the New Jewel Forum.

:lovejkf:
Old 04-12-2005, 05:03 AM   #13
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

So did anyone catcch this on tv
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote