The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #16
Craig
Members

Craig Between 10 and 49 points

It was AWESOME!!!! She looked very beautiful...and it is a great song. I like the sound and feel of it...She wails towards the end and watching her sing it- she was very expressive. She was so cute when she was done. She shyly said "Thank you NASCAR, have a great afternoon" so sweet.
Anyway I was skiing so I taped it on the VCR and I have watched it Again and Again...
I don't think the fans were booing even remotely. You have to realize this was more for the TV viewing audience than the people in the stadium. There is NO way the acoustics could be good enough so the people in the HUGE stands could hear it.
This was an intelligent, savvy, marketing move by her management to get her on TV with the new single. NASCAR is fast becoming one of the MOST watched sports in the United States. Undoubtedly her performance was seen by a huge television viewing audience which is whom it was most likely intended for.
Craig ;)
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:11 PM   #17
Lucky Phil
Members

Lucky Phil Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Yeah it did seem like the crowd was unenthusiastic about Jewel performing, but these are poeple who find amusement in really fast cars going in circles...the experience of Jewel will hardly be comprehensible to them.
:lmao: Couldn't agree more, if Nascar had a right turn, the crowd wouldn't know where the cars went.. LOL

Craig, it was a huge American TV audience :(

Dave, i'm not surprised the Rolling Stones got booed off the stage, they didn't last long did they? LOL

And, did you know a VCR video can be converted into an mpeg... just a little trivia from those outside the US..

<span style=\'font-family:Optima\'><span style=\'color:yellow\'>GOODBYE ALICE DOWNUNDER!</span></span>

Lucky Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:30 PM   #18
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I posted some pix over at the following link

http://jewelkilcherforum.com/index.php?showtopic=832

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:51 PM   #19
WhatWouldJewelDo
Members

WhatWouldJewelDo Between 10 and 49 points

Did she only play "Again and Again" or did she play more songs?
how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once
how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out

thank you India
thank you terror
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you silence</span></span></span>
WhatWouldJewelDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:54 AM   #20
Craig
Members

Craig Between 10 and 49 points

Yeah Bobby- she only played Again and Again...it was after all the pre race analyst banter... and before the Star Spangled banner. I was hoping she would sing that too but they got the girl Fantasia, the one with the voice that sounds like Minnie Mouse who won American Idol to sing that.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:42 AM   #21
Lucky Phil
Members

Lucky Phil Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Did she only play "Again and Again" or did she play more songs?
Interesting point, if you look at little_birds photo's of the post previous to this one, you will notice in one scene Jewel is playing an acoustic guitar, and in another an electric guitar. Maybe they only televised one song. :lovejkf:

<span style=\'font-family:Optima\'><span style=\'color:yellow\'>GOODBYE ALICE DOWNUNDER!</span></span>

Lucky Phil is offline   Reply With Quote