The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Poll: is change a good thing?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
is change a good thing?

Old 03-01-2005, 09:12 AM   #1
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points

bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:56 AM   #2
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

She was lot more natural then and that seemed more honest. Now it is like she is trying to hard.

But at the end of the day...she can look anyway she wants to, it is still the same Jewel underneath and that's all that counts.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:11 PM   #3
folderol and
Members

folderol and Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally posted by little_bird
But at the end of the day...she can look anyway she wants to, it is still the same Jewel underneath and that's all that counts.
We can only hope.

I really, really hate how she looks in that 2005 pic. *coughcoughsortabimbettecough* :wacko:

Jewel completely screwed up her career. I mean, she became a bit more pop with each album, but 0304 just went too far. And now she's going back to her "roots", her official website is down the drain, and her new hairstyle sucks.

0304 is like a stain on a t-shirt. It will take Jewel a long time to wash the stain out.

\ david
folderol and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:25 PM   #4
Jewelluvr
Members

Jewelluvr Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally posted by little_bird@Mar 1 2005, 12:56 PM
She was lot more natural then and that seemed more honest. Now it is like she is trying to hard.

I agree. The natural look suited her best. Too much make-up just hides her natural beauty and her hairstyle just doesn't look good on her. As for 0304, she tried something new. Some liked it, some didn't. I think it's time to let it go and just look forward to her new album.
Jewelluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:54 PM   #5
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

D :devil1: mn.....

I thought we left these topics in the old forum. Anyhoo, I think she looks great no matter what she's wearing, but the spiderleg-eyelash thing is too much.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #6
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

well...that 2005 pic which is actually an early 2004 pic....she looks good there actually, though the hairdo in other places makes her look old except in that pic.... otherwise when u consider the two style wise, she looks way better in the 2nd - though we all know in other places other than that time warner it would be just the opposite....

her career already hit rock bottom before this way was out, wasn't 0304!!!!
i would have to say, radio wise, intuition was one of the most successful songs - way more than standing still...u know how long it took them to finally play standing still here? intuition was a hit right out of the box. spirit, would've been better if DOWN SO LONG wasn't the 2nd single...i was appalled when i heard it was the 2nd single - jupiter (swallow the moon) would've been much a greater hit if it would've been the 2nd single.

this way....i won't walk away would've been a hit, i don't know why they never considered it.

and b/c i love 0304 david, i consider you a poop stain on my brand new tommy lee boxer briefs...although it's not there...just the thought.

and why do i say this...well...0304 actually was liked by people that normally wouldn't like jewel - they also said they wouldn't buy it b/c of the old album POY that sucked other than the singles - especially when only one single was technically on it! u know how many people disliked that b/c it wasn't radio friendly - just read reviews of it where people actually buy the album - 0304, if you don't count jewel fans in denial such as yourself, it did way better than any of them!

here's a good quote that makes lots of sense....

"If Jewel had emerged as a new act with 0304, she would have been hailed as a pop genius. A collection of street-savvy tunes with literate lyrics, it is miles better than the last two Madonna albums. It is also effortlessly smarter, sexier and edgier than the much-vaunted debuts by Avril Lavigne and Michelle Branch."

0304 Review by David Sinclair, The Times, 29th August 2003

and there's every bit of truth to it.... b/c people that liked it.... really didn't like it b/c they knew what the old jewel was - and that bothered them...the whole transformation... to pop thing - was the turn off b/c they knew she wasn't always that way - doesn't mean they didn't actually like it....besides...intuition just happens to be the 2nd most downloaded songs on p2p networks behind FOOLISH GAMES...and we all know why foolish games is #1 b/c it was the best jewel single ever released, and the one on POY WAS SH*T!
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:42 PM   #7
folderol and
Members

folderol and Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelsjewel
and b/c i love 0304 david, i consider you a poop stain on my brand new tommy lee boxer briefs...although it's not there...just the thought.
I suddenly feel extremely unclean. You really should've kept that thought to yourself.

Why don't we have a barf smiley?
folderol and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:47 PM   #8
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

lol...i thought it would be funny.... a girl @ work one day was like....making mistakes...and was like... "I'm such a poop stain"....it was funny in that i normally don't hear that - and david - i don't actually have a stain in my undergarment....it was just a silly thought to the word stain ...lol :mooner:
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:39 PM   #9
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

I love her look currently she is one who just gets hotter with age kinda like cher..
Even though her hair kinda gives me an Emma Bunton feeling..

You wanna talk about singles being released on albums.. I gurantee you if "Yes u can" was relased as the 2nd single off of 0304. Then 0304 would of went platinum... Howeever imagine if Santana Didn't turn down Yes u can would it of been on 0304 would it have been a single? 0304 is a great album it just wasn't promoted in the right ways... Stand is an amazing single but a pretty lousy followup to a song like intuition..

back to spirit I love the song Down so long. Again the thing here is it is a great song but It just oculdn't gfollow up to hands.. Had a song like Absence of Fear or Life uncommon followed hands Spirit would of sold 6 Million Albums easily..

This way that is an amazing album to I agree I won't walk away would of beenan amazing single I don't know why it wasn't released
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:55 PM   #10
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Come on guys, back on topic, this is about Jewel's LOOK not about her albums. They are being discussed in another thread.

Ta
Kiera

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 07:41 PM   #11
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

Aw hell far guys, SHUT THE f**k UP! I'm sick of these endless debates about 0304. They're so pointless and no one ever agrees.

As for her look... I wasn't a big fan of the bangs at first, but now that I'm used to them I don't think they're that bad. By the way, that picture is actually a little over a year old. This is the most recent picture from November. Or, if you want to see it with her hair down, this is from October at the Radio Music Awards. It's funny though, just last night I was looking at those pictures from February of 2004 and was wondering "Why does she look odd here, but not in the most recent pictures?" I finally realized that it's the makeup, mainly the eye makeup. If it was more toned down like in the pictures I linked to, I don't think she would've looked so bad. That's just my opinion though, and no, I'm not being biased. :rolleyes:

&quot;I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
&quot;
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 08:45 PM   #12
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

Usually I just see what people are saying and then disagree. So I'm one of those who never agrees.

I think hair and clothes are just hair and clothes. They don't amount to much. As far as 0304, I actually like most of it, but that doesn't stop me from making fun of it. :P
Old 03-02-2005, 12:09 AM   #13
ShawnShamrock
Members

Jewel is growing as a woman.. She has to look good while she still can
She is going on 31.. She won't alwyas look as goood as she odes now
Old 03-03-2005, 02:00 AM   #14
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

Yeah Mike, I usually don't mind debates, but after almost 2 years of having to put up with the same old crap, it gets very old very quickly. And it's not the people joking around that bothers me, but the people who are obviously serious about what they say. We know all too well how people feel about it by now and as Jewelluvr said, some like 0304, some don't. It's just a dfference in opinion.

Back on topic though, the more I think about it, the more I realize that appearance really isn't that important. You can't tell how a person thinks or acts just by looking at their clothes and hair. I've known some guys who wore the skater or punk look, and none of them would ever intentionally hurt people. If Jewel wants to experiment with her hair, clothes or make up, then let her. It's her decision and I wouldn't want her to do something just to keep her fans happy. If you were in her place, who would you put first? Yourself, or your fans?

&quot;I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
&quot;
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 03:42 AM   #15
ShawnShamrock
Members

She looks raeally hot In the loreal hair commercial