The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour
Connect with Facebook

Old 04-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
Sonne
Super JKF Member

Sonne Between 0 and 10 points
Default New blog from Jewel PASO

Quote:
April 7, 2009

Well, Ty was trying so hard to be intense for the Paso Doble that it got "robotic" as Bruno would say. I definitely can see that, as I do have eyes- but I saw a lot of improvements personally, more than I saw flaws. This was the first routine that he did perfectly without forgetting a step, and it was the first time his feet actually moved in time with the music. It’s been hard for him to hear the music and feel the beats, and so I was so proud to see his feet move in time with the music. I think he was just concentrating so hard on the moves and the technical aspects Chelsie had given him, (like his hands had to be 5 inches from his body, not 4, and not 6) that it made him focus on trying to be correct, and that caused the "performance" aspect to suffer for sure. But he was trying to be technically improved for the judges, which they did not comment on... So, he may be in the bottom two- we just don't know! One thing about Ty, he just tries to correct what's wrong and do better- he doesn't dwell or beat himself up, because he tries to pour every bit of energy into something he can do to get better, instead of wasting it on the past.

On another topic, I've been reading some blogs on the Dancing With The Stars site and thought I'd set the record straight for a few of those fans- so feel free to paste this over there
1) There was speculation about if it was dangerous for Chelsie to sit on the bull in the chute. Answer: no. They had two animals at that TV shoot- The bull they used in the arena that looked dangerous and mean was used for that shot, and then they had a second black animal- a trained and gentle pet STEER (not a bull) that they loaded in the chute to film the part where Ty and Chelsie sat on it. Hollywood TV making at its best! Ty, nor the show, would ever put anyone in harms way.
2) Is bullriding animal cruelty? Answer: no. I don't know how this myth has been perpetuated for so long, because never once in the history of the sport have a bull’s "private parts" been "tied up." All I can say is people out there must know the truth, but still want to perpetuate a lie. For the record, and for those that don't know, bulls buck for the same reason race horses run- they are bred for it. You can't "make" a bull buck, any more than you can force a horse to be fast. That's why the great ones are so valuable. The flank strap, for the record, is a soft cotton rope that is fitted loose enough around the bulls hips (not his genitals!) that the bull thinks he can kick it off (imagine a sock on your foot - if it’s kind of loose you want to kick it off. Whereas if it’s snug, you don't notice it and you don't want to kick it off). This encourages the bull to kick higher, as they try to kick the cotton rope off, but even without a flank strap, the bull still bucks. The action of bucking causes a bull to get thinner (like when we lay down to put tight jeans on!) and so that also helps give the feeling the rope will come off. The flank strap is a tool just like a saddle or a bridle or anything else you see with any other animal athlete.

A few more things on this topic- Ty’s friend bought 500 bulls to see if any of them might be a good bucking bull, and out of 500, not one bull bucked. Even with a guy on their backs, and even with flank straps. Not one. They are born, not made. No amount of meddling by man would make a bull buck. They are not prodded or poked nor are their genitals tied up. They aren't even mad- most of them let you pet them. They are just like race horses- some are special and competitive, and they are worth a lot of money and treated SO lovingly by their owners. They become part of the family for the guys that own them, and it is very sweet. I have seen it first hand.
Secondly, the logic of those who say the bulls are abused escapes me. No animal, two-legged or four-legged, would want to move, much less jump, if their genitals were inhibited in anyway. Think about it. It’s just silly for these people to stir up trouble and make up lies about something they don't know about.
Third: Ty loves animals more than most people, and he would never have made a career out of anything that was cruel. Ok. That's all on that! I know bullriding isn't a word most people are around enough to be really educated on, so I thought I would share!

So, today, I'm going to paint Easter Eggs and make Easter baskets. Easter is my favorite holiday- candy, sunshine and pretty colors- what's not to love?! I'm planning an Easter brunch and want to have cute baskets for everyone, so I'm getting started today and then tonight I will be there to cheer on my husband! Talk soon, xxj
I totaly agree with her!
Sonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:09 AM   #2
edgeofseventeen17
JKF Member

edgeofseventeen17 Between 0 and 10 points

Oh Jewel,
Keeping us all on our feet on media lies hehe. Its kind of nice though, I mean you always can tell when the media's bullting, but for the artist to come out and speak for themselves and "set the record strait" is admirable, in my opinion.