The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-01-2005, 09:33 AM   #1
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

Hey everyone Shawn here. As you can tell I just got back from my lovely weekend trip to Ohio and even though i got to hang out at a horse ranch and go off roading in the woods, the highlight of the weekend was the Jewel Concert at Cain park.

The Show was absolutley amazing from start to finish. She played everysong with the orchestra. She was running a little late or something like that someone had mentioned so Joe Firstman played a very good like 8 song opener.
The orchestra conducter I believe introduced Jewel and the orchestra started playing. I could not make out this song at all and felt so dumb The orchestra is playing this like reallly fast intro and then it slows down and kind of reminded me of like the nutcracker christmas thing but it was suprsingly the start of "intuition". Jewel comes out in this yellow dress and her hair is pulled back she lookes absolutley goregous and the crowd is going nuts for her.

The rest of the show was absolutley amazing her voice has just matured so much and you can see that when she performs. The orchestra did an amazing job and they together all worked hard Jewel had mentioned that she was nervous and feels like a dork because she forgot some of the words to her song I thought that was kinda funny. So throught the show with the orchestra you had a feel for the more sad songs "Foolish Games, you were meant for me, Break Me"
Then she would rock out with the orchestra they were doing amazing versions of "everybody needs someone sometimes, Who Will sAve your soul, and Love me just leave me alone" Jewel had also performed some new material from her new album which she had mentioned would be out soon. This all included the 0304 version of fragile heart which she said that she felt enough people didn't get a chance to hear it so she is including it in the new album. She played gooodbye alice in wonderland, and again and again. She did one more new song"good day" Funny that this song was about being in love and like thininking about it in front of your refirgator or so Jewel says. IT was defitnley more upbeat and fun much like alot of her new material is, She also mentioned that we would be hearing "Good Day"on the radio soon So one can only assume that "good day" is the next single. At some point in the show she did her ode to cleveland by singing the song "cleveland" She told a couple of sories the who will save your soul sotry about hithicking to mexico and stuff and then how she was told she looked like dorothy from the wizard of oz and landed the deal with Nathan lane and Natalie Cole. I thought one of the highlights of the night is during "everybody needs someone," she sand the line "He recoleccts it wasn't that long ago that he could walk by make the young girls scream" After that line all the females n the audience screamed it was hysterical that was one of the songs she reallly got into we were all clapping our hands together for her. Well for her encore perfomance she did "hands" and "somewhere over the rainbow". This girl in the back of me wanted her to yodel and I figured she wasn't going to hear her so I screamed reallly loud for Jewel to Yodel. However I don't know what happened after that but the audience was getting loud.

Overall the show was fantastic you can tell they practiced it went perfectley and nothing went wrong. It was a small venue so everywhere was a great seat the lighting was incredible especiallly where i was at because the stage was lite well and the orchestra seemed to have such precise movement and it seemed like rythmic in a way. What the best part was each song had it's own feel to it. I had a wonderful time and I am sure everyone else did it was a great way to conclude what was proabaly an amazing tour.
Out of the 5 shows I have seen to Jewel this one was by far the best.

COMPLETE SETLIST:
1. Intuition
2. Standing Still
3. You were meant for me
4. Break ME
5. Cleveland
6. Goodbye Alice in Wonderland
7. Foolish Games
8. Enter from the east
9. Who Will save your soul story
10. Who will save your soul
11. Fragile Heart (0304 Version done new album style)
12. Good Day (she annoucned as first single)
13. Love ME just leave me alone
14. Again and Again
15. I own't walk away
16. Everybody neeeds someone sometimes

ENCORE
HAnds, SOmewhere over the rainbow

PS OF anyone has pics orrecorded the show private message me or email me
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:07 AM   #2
General Joy
Members

General Joy Between 10 and 49 points

wow that must have been such a great show! im really looking forward to hear good day.. im not sure if i like 0304's fragile heart to be on the new album, but it's her choice. hopefully someone recorded this

General Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 06:54 PM   #3
damnthatnicole
Members

damnthatnicole Between 10 and 49 points

I myself can not write a better review but I can add input.
The show was absolutley amazing everything. The orchestra was just so amazing i really enjoyed them she should tour with an orchestra or play with one at least once a year it was amazing. The orchestra mimmicked her sounds in who will save your soul. INTUITON was by far one of the best perfroemd. Love me just leave me alone got the hugest applause alll night. The whole show was amazing
damnthatnicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:51 PM   #4
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Wow, that sounds completely awesome!!! With an orchestra too. Wow. I can only imagine how wonderful it was. If only I could hear it!

Anyway, Shawn, this is truly an excellent detailed description so thank you for that. Makes me feel like I was there (well almost).

Thanks again
Kiera

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 06:37 PM   #5
NewWildWest
Members

NewWildWest Between 10 and 49 points

A supposedly great quality torrent of the Cleveland Pops show was uploaded at Dimeadozen.com yesterday but it was banned overnight and all seeders were gone this morning. Grrrrrrrr!! :( Did anyone get it before her manager or record company yanked it???
NewWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 10:04 PM   #6
Craig
Members

Craig Between 10 and 49 points

"Most excellent review dude....awesome!!" spoken in my best Bill and Ted's excellent adventure voice.... :lol:
I hope she does an orchestra show in New England...it is great you got to experience that...did they have the instant live cd's? That would be one to buy.
Craig
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 10:30 PM   #7
Little Bird
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by NewWildWest@Aug 2 2005, 07:37 PM
A supposedly great quality torrent of the Cleveland Pops show was uploaded at Dimeadozen.com yesterday but it was banned overnight and all seeders were gone this morning. Grrrrrrrr!! :( Did anyone get it before her manager or record company yanked it???
As you see from this, Jewel's management company Azoff Music are always watching fansites for this kind of thing. It is why we enforce such strict rules about it.

Of course I would love to hear it all too but we have to go with the copyright laws and reinforce that we do not wish to harm Jewel in anyway.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 08-02-2005, 11:22 PM   #8
Little Bird
Administrator

Came across this

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/pla...3670.xml&coll=2

MysteriousWisdom
Old 08-05-2005, 09:40 AM   #9
IndianaEDA420
Members

IndianaEDA420 Between 10 and 49 points

Hey Kilcherians,
Havent posted yet on this site.....though ive been reading.....too lazy to type!!!
I'm not even sure how many times I've seen Jewel in concert (i approximate 8-10)
Cleveland's show was really Jewel putting it out. I've seen her with the band and solo but, the orchestra ROCKED OUT!!! I yelled out (from the lawn) from start to finish!! I wish instalive were there to record this great night.
Before i say this, i wanna say i love everything Jewel (even 0304)
Jewel looked a mess......she reminded me of a farmers daughter yellow sundress, hair in a country bun, guitar strapped to her back.....wearing shoes would have killed her outfit (like shampoo & soap) my gay gene screamed at me during the show to change her outfit.....the orchestra was dressed to a T, why wasnt she??
I know a hot outfit doesnt help make beautiful music, but lets not deny the fact that it helps....
so OK tear me apart for this one.....
i might be to lazy to type a response but ill read em
--The Shot Serving Angel