The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour
Connect with Facebook

Old 06-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
jewelsangel
Members

jewelsangel Between 10 and 49 points
Default Who's got the new album???

Hi everyone, my copy came today! It cheered me up as I am off work with a chest infection!

I'm loving it!!! Have listened to both cd's and now on my second playing of the acoustic one. Don't think I could pick a favourite song yet, I love them all! It was nice hearing Fading again, and Summer Home In Your Arms was strange at first as it's not how I'm used to hearing it, but sure it will grow on me!

I was very disciplined and had only listened to a few of the new songs so I could have them brand new when I got the cd. Had heard Satisfied and What You Are, and of course Stay Here Forever

One other thing, at the end of the "thank you's" it says "Oh - to Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber: I breathe easier every day you're not in my life." What do u think that's about?? Her mum?? That was discussed here:

http://www.jewelkilcherforum.com/showthread.php?t=2917

But if it was who would the other people be? Makes me sad if people have fallen out Although of course I do not know the story and/or the reasons.

Share your thoughts!!

Love Chloe xx
jewelsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #2
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I haven't received my album yet and it looks like it only shipped today going on the email I received. I'm not happy about that. It said it was delayed because of changes to the book and that they will be shipped separately but I didn't think it would mean the CD would also be late.

Does it really say that on the Thank You's? Wow = sounds bitter about 3 people in particular but yeah, I'm guessing one of those is her Mum all right. In the webchat tonight, someone asked her if she would write her memoirs but she said 'some people would have to pass away first' before she did that. Huh! I wonder if that was her talking about her mother too.

But clearly with a comment like that, she's been scorn my 3 people pretty badly.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
illegalattempt
JKF Member

illegalattempt Between 10 and 49 points

I bought the deluxe version on Tuesday.
illegalattempt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:12 PM   #4
jewelsangel
Members

Aww Kiera that's such a shame there's a delay with your cd. Really hope it gets to you soon.

Yep word for word that's what it says at the end of the thank yous. It's pretty sad to realise what a big falling out they must have had, especially considering how close they used to be. I guess we'll never really know what happened but must have been something pretty huge. Still doesn't stop it being very sad that a once happy relationship is now no longer.

Favourites off the album just now are Love You Forever, What You Are and Ten is also very cute! Wish it only took to the count of ten to fix an argument with my husband!! Will have to remember that song next time!

Love Chloe xx
Old 06-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #5
DaidyCat
JKF Member

DaidyCat Between 0 and 10 points
Default New CD

I'm listening to the CD right now. Just got it in the mail when I got home. Some is a bit too country for me. I'd rather some of them have more a rock/pop feel but I still really enjoy most of it. My favorite is WHAT YOU ARE - the lyrics are so meaningful. I also really love "I Love You Forever" (that should be the next single - very top 40 material) "Ten," (I sometimes stop to count to 10 when my daughter does something that really upsets me - it really does help.) "Bad As It Gets," (haven't we all been there at one time or another?) and "Satisfied." They all have powerful lyrics and really nice music. This isn't my fave CD of Jewel's but over-all, I'm "Satisfied" with it.

Last edited by DaidyCat; 06-11-2010 at 11:44 PM.
DaidyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:45 AM   #6
edgeofseventeen17
JKF Member

edgeofseventeen17 Between 0 and 10 points

I pre-ordered the deluxe version from amazon, and still haven't gotten it yet! I got an email today saying it was being shipped........ @_@

I'll never get it.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #7
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

I've been listening to the new album nonstop and i think it's some of her best stuff since This Way!
Old 06-16-2010, 12:46 AM   #8
Little Bird
Administrator

Just got an email from Jewe's store confirming that they sent me the wrong CD. I still haven't received it anyway so I'm royally pissed at the whole thing.

I paid $112. $33 of which was shipping alone so I could get it just a couple of days after launch. It's now over a week after that and I'm still without a CD and have to wait a further 14 days to get the proper one.

Very disappointed by the whole thing and I haven't seen a word from Jewel herself about it. Nothing on her website about the big mistake either.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 06-17-2010, 06:09 AM   #9
edgeofseventeen17
JKF Member

edgeofseventeen17 Between 0 and 10 points

I finally got my copy in the mail today!!
So excited. I've listened to both discs this afternoon while I was cleaning my house, although not very thoroughly.
I like the acoustic versions better, but I usually do with music. Some of the album cuts are rockin. I LOVE "Fading" I think it's my favorite song. I remember having a bootleg of it a long long long time ago. Wish i still had it and I could compare lol.
The only issue I have is the production of the standard album in some areas are a bit iffy. And I think she should've used more of her own material that she wrote instead of having to co-write with other people.. But that could very well have been the record company's doing.

The only song I don't care for is "No More Heartaches" But I like the acoustic version of it.

I give the album an 8.5/10
Old 06-17-2010, 11:33 AM   #10
jewelsangel
Members

Kiera maybe you would be best to cancel the order and just order it from a UK site? Play have it for £9.99 I think and it's released on the 21st, free delivery. So you'd get it cheaper and quicker than from the US now. Unless is it too late to cancel?
Love Chloe xx
Old 06-17-2010, 11:10 PM   #11
Little Bird
Administrator

It's too late to cancel now. They've already sent 2 packages and charged my card. I'm now waiting on 2 packages. One with the wrong CD and one with the correct cd, the book and the special gift which I've since found out is an autographed photo.

Knowing that it is sent is one thing but I'm still sitting here waiting for something to arrive; all the while...having no album so I still haven't heard it in full.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 06-21-2010, 01:37 AM   #12
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bird View Post
Just got an email from Jewe's store confirming that they sent me the wrong CD. I still haven't received it anyway so I'm royally pissed at the whole thing.

I paid $112. $33 of which was shipping alone so I could get it just a couple of days after launch. It's now over a week after that and I'm still without a CD and have to wait a further 14 days to get the proper one.

Very disappointed by the whole thing and I haven't seen a word from Jewel herself about it. Nothing on her website about the big mistake either.
Isnt's that some bull crap! You should try and get something special out of the deal
Old 06-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #13
Little Bird
Administrator

And if you can believe it...I'm still waiting on any album! The wrong package and the right package are still elusive while I'm waiting, so far patiently, but I'm growing increasingly annoyed by the whole thing.

I replied back to them stating that I should be entitled to some more compensation than that. But there wasn't even an acknowledgement, let alone a reply. Very disappointing.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 06-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #14
Little Bird
Administrator

Got the album today. It is the wrong package sadly so I haven't got the Sweet & Mild one that I've been looking forward to so much.

But it's a glorious sunny day so I plan on spending some time in the sunshine and listen to Jewel.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 06-22-2010, 11:02 PM   #15
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

ItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 pointsItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 points

Well I enjoyed this album. Not as much as older Jewel, but more than Perfectly Clear. I really enjoy having Sweet & Mild to go along with Sweet & Wild I will say that it's pretty difficult for me to hear Fading the way it is on the album verses the old bootleg I have that is, to me, the definitive version of the song. She almost sounds cheery on the studio version and that song is supposed to be pretty emotional, even partly angry (@ least in my opinion). Anyways that's really my only complaint with the album. Her vocal styles have definitely gotten more cheery and soft, less rugged and interchangeable during the course of songs. Either way, I'm still satisfied with the album

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

ItBeThatWay27 is offline   Reply With Quote