The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-23-2005, 05:35 AM   #1
WhatWouldJewelDo
Members

WhatWouldJewelDo Between 10 and 49 points

I just had a question to ask and i know its a waste of space to make a topic, but ill ask one of the moderators to delete it. Can you share AngelFood on the forum, or is it illegal? If it is OK, then it would be awesome to have one post just for trading, if not, well the mods can just delete, because I know the title attracted them.....

Sry 4 wasting space.

The New Cyber Litterbug (I love that nickname)

- Bobby M. :coffee: :gve:
how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once
how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out

thank you India
thank you terror
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you silence</span></span></span>
WhatWouldJewelDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:32 AM   #2
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Bobby, Although Angelfood has been around for years, we cannot allow the JKF to be a means to acquire or despatch any copyrighted material without the express permission of the owner. In this case, Jewel herself. If we allowed the free transfer of her music, then we could be held liable by her management and the forum closed down.

We understand that Jewel has made references to bootlegging in the past with a positive aspect to it but regardless of her comments, Jewel does not own/run this site, so those comments would not apply here.

We have to abide by the laws of copyright and rules that Jewel's management dispense. We, in no way, wish to harm Jewel's sales and legal right to sell her music.

Anyone here found doing so, will be banned.

So in answer to your question, is it legal? It is not and so we cannot allow it here.

Regards
Kiera & the admin/mod team

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:51 PM   #3
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

It has not been proven that file sharing is always illegal. In fact here's an article that says that at least in 2004 it is legal in Canada: File Sharing in Canada IS legal
In fact there are many sources that say that it is not illegal even in the US. File Sharing My feeling are that trading of live unrelased audience tapes and CD's is not illegal as long as neither party makes any money on the trade. I do not download any music that can be bought in a store.

Of course as creator and moderators it is within Kiera's and Dave's rights to limit this forum at their own whim. If they don't want you trading music here then you'll need to find another forum to do so. While I do not have a problem with trading, I also respect their wishes since it's their playground and they make the rules.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:02 PM   #4
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

here i thought angelfood was the tradings of discs..... like it's not really illegal to give someone a cd? but it is for an mp3....or is just borrowing a cd illegal these days :(
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 02:06 AM   #5
WhatWouldJewelDo
Members

WhatWouldJewelDo Between 10 and 49 points

Wow, thankz 4 everything, I thank you for having that clarified, the ONLY reason that I mentioned it in another post is because I did not have a chance to view your respone, or no response before it was deleted, thats why I was asking if someone could tell me whether someone replied or not. Just to clarify that. On another note, I agree with Mike that if i can buy it in stores, im not gonna download it. But I cant buy instant lives, I have a lot of respect for the administratiors and moderators, and I agree that trading is not allowed on this forum. I think that Angelfood trading is great and that we should do it, just not on this forum. Maybe some other way, but definatly not on the forum because if we lose this forum we have to join Unedited to chat with other fans.

thanks you guys!

Bobby
how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once
how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out

thank you India
thank you terror
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you silence</span></span></span>
WhatWouldJewelDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:00 PM   #6
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Quote:
File Sharing in Canada IS legal
In fact there are many sources that say that it is not illegal even in the US.
Here's something straight out of our revised Rules:

This is an international forum and thus, laws of your country e.g. copyright laws, freedom of speech, do NOT apply here.

Quote:
... it is within Kiera's and Dave's rights to limit this forum at their own whim. ... While I do not have a problem with trading, I also respect their wishes since it's their playground and they make the rules.
Thank you Mike, your support is unending and honest and always appreciate your opinion!

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:22 PM   #7
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

Old 03-26-2005, 05:08 PM   #8
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

I :wub: Piracy....

I really :wub: Piracy!!!
Old 03-26-2005, 06:40 PM   #9