The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 01-23-2006, 03:58 PM   #1
So Pure
JKF Member

So Pure Between 10 and 49 points

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1001883108

Jewel Emerges From 'Wonderland' With New CD

January 23, 2006, 11:25 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Jewel has set a May 2 release date for her sixth studio album, "Goodbye Alice in Wonderland." The Atlantic set was produced by Rob Cavallo and will be led by the single "Again and Again," which will be delivered in late February to U.S. radio outlets.

"This is the most autobiographical album I have made since [her 1995 debut] 'Pieces of You' and I spent a lot of time sequencing it, so that each song sets up the next, like a novel with a beginning, a middle and an end," the artist says in a statement.

A video for the new album's title track will be made available first to members of Jewel's fan club on Wednesday (Jan. 25) and then to the general public via her Web site five days later. The clip was shot on the artist's Texas ranch by photographer Kurt Markus.

"Goodbye Alice in Wonderland" is the follow-up to 2003's "0304," which debuted at No. 2 on The Billboard 200 and has sold more than 756,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan
I know some artists prefer not to comment, but I've followed the US administration and I genuinely believe they've emotionally blackmailed and manipulated the American people. We're living in a frightening time... - Tori Amos
So Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:10 PM   #2
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

That sounds great. Now let's just see if the video is released on the site when it is suposed to be. Cuz i reallly can't wait to hear how this sounds.
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:03 PM   #3
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

sweet.... that's the day after tomorrow, and I'm still in the grace period before I won't have access to Unedited.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:43 PM   #4
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Thanks for that. Good to see she is getting more exposure. We'll be inundated when the album comes out!!

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:59 PM   #5
So Pure
JKF Member

A little more detail from MTV.com

Jewel has set a May 2 release date for her first album in three years and sixth overall, Goodbye Alice in Wonderland. To promote the record, produced by Rob Cavallo (Green Day), the singer/songwriter shot a homemade video for the title track, which she will premiere Wednesday on her fan-club site, jewelunedited.com. The official first single, "Again and Again," will be shipped to radio stations in February. ...

So the video is not for "Again and Again" ...just a teaser...

Rob Cavallo is an amazing producer by the way! Look at his work with Green Day and he produced "Uninvited" with Alanis...this should be good!!!
I know some artists prefer not to comment, but I've followed the US administration and I genuinely believe they've emotionally blackmailed and manipulated the American people. We're living in a frightening time... - Tori Amos
Old 01-23-2006, 11:44 PM   #6
WhatWouldJewelDo
Members

WhatWouldJewelDo Between 10 and 49 points

OKay...

so I already knew that there was going to be a promotional video released for "Goodbye Alice In Wonderland" and I knew that It was going to be released on Jan. 25 to unedited and on Jan 30 to JewelJK

But i wasnt allowed to say anything

otherwise my source would get in trouble

but im finally glad its all out in the open

and there are a few other details that im waiting to emerge that are just driving me crazy.
how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once
how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out

thank you India
thank you terror
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you silence</span></span></span>
WhatWouldJewelDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:50 AM   #7
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

i'm so excited now yay!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:13 AM   #8
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

I mean I hope the video actually comes to her site on January 30th.
Does anyone think her website is going to get a makeover for the new album?
That would be nice
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:29 AM   #9
Little Bird
Administrator

Hadn't thought of that but I doubt it. Let's hope I'm wrong

MysteriousWisdom
Old 01-24-2006, 02:04 PM   #10
LonelyLullaby
Members

LonelyLullaby Between 10 and 49 points

It'll be available to paying members first and then only five days later on the same website to everyone? Thats what you guys are paying for? I think this "membership" is such a reap-off
LonelyLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:30 PM   #11
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

yeah, my membership expired on the 19th, luckily I'm still have a month grace period!

It is kind of a rip off, but I really did like that DVD.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:03 PM   #12
Little Bird
Administrator

I still feel I got my money's worth now and I certainly think this year will pay off with the new album and all the Jewel news to arrive.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 01-24-2006, 10:18 PM   #13
So Pure
JKF Member

Quote:
It is kind of a rip off, but I really did like that DVD.
What DVD did you get?
Old 01-25-2006, 03:16 PM   #14
LonelyLullaby
Members

LonelyLullaby Between 10 and 49 points

Kiera I hope so- of course I hope that you got your money's worth. And I know that thanks to people like you we get more segments and news as well.. it's just that I'm still a little angry about things like closing the forum to all members except the ones who belong to the membership and I do feel that (although I haven't seen everything that you've been given access to and I didn't know even about the DVD) I don't feel like they're giving the people who are paying too many privileges.. if they would've given you a month advance to see the video then it'd be worth something but five days that's just a joke to make you feel like you are getting something special being a part of the membership. Its not caring it's to keep you from tearing your hair out.. I'd join the membership if I didn't get angry about the forum now I just feel like they're trying way too hard for me to go along with this and second I don't feel like they're giving all that many advantages to the members.. to be honest the whole preview video five days before people who don't pay is more of an insult than a benefit to the paying members. Still I am happy that you feel like you are getting the money's worth and I hope they can still give you more guys.. and not in the way of giving you just a five-day start :o
LonelyLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote