The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-13-2005, 09:28 PM   #1
batsocks
Members

Location: in a shoebox under the stairs with all my grandmas jet buttons
batsocks Between 10 and 49 points

mosthaunted
i`m just sat at home watching most haunted live on their latest ghost hunt. its compulsive viewing!!
just wondered if anyone else was watching the show. i never see anything on the webcams. :( but i`m obsessed.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:06 AM   #2
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

I haven't seen Most Haunted Live, but I have seen Ghost Hunters on the SciFi channel. That's a freaky, but interesting show! There was one episode where they were investigating a lighthouse and some guy was sitting alone in a chair. After a while nothing happened, so him and the rest of the crew decided to just leave the room. There was still a camera set up at the back of the room, so there was a shot of the empty chair and the door. Almost as soon as the last guy went through the door, the chair just automatically slid across the floor a little ways. There wasn't anyone or anything in the room that could've done that, and it freaked out the two guys who saw the video first. Freaky!

I always have been fascinated by ghosts and hauntings and such, even though they do freak me out. There's even a cemetery just a good walking distance from my house that's haunted. It's from the Civil War, and for several years it has pretty much been forgotten about. A couple years ago though, some people decided to um... ah, what's the word? You know, fix the grave stones, take out all the overgrown weeds, cut down some trees so that it's more open etc. Anyway, during the time people started working on it to the time that they finished it, the local news paper did reports on it keeping up with the progress. They took pictures, of course, and my mom, brother, sister, a couple of my brother's friends and I kept up with it because we were interested in it. Over some time, we looked at the pictures and noticed that there were some figures that looked liked heads and bodies. Seriously. There was even one that my brother's friend found that showed it holding up a Rebel flag. I am not kidding. It wasn't a real life person, because it blended in with the trees too much. We went there a couple times just because we're curious people, and we could definitely sense that something was there. We haven't been there in a while though, but I think it'd be interesting to go back someday. Who knows. *shrugs*

I have other stories, but I'll spare you for now. :P

"I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
"
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:39 AM   #3
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I absolutely ADORE Most Haunted. I have been clued for the last 2 nights and can't wait to see tonights instalment. Also, new Series coming soon. Can't wait.

I am an open minded skeptic about the show. Can't say I believe the show fully. I can't help but feel skeptical about Derek Acorah but I think David Wells is excellent. He eludes honesty and I really like him.

But the show itself is just brilliant. Great for entertainment just to see Yvette go off on one. Love it.

Well lemme see, last night, I saw a strange light pass across the table when they did the second table tipping experitment (not the ouija board, just before that). Also I saw a tall figure in a black dress on webcam 2 last night. I can't be certain it was one of the crew. It was very unusual clothing for one of the crew and they disappeared at the end of the corridor. very strange.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:41 AM   #4
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points

Its a great show for Sundays when there nothing else worth watching. Trouble is i go to bed straight after lol.

Theres a website: http://www.livingtv.co.uk/mosthaunted/
I found out some stuff there about Derek Acorah (who i would love to talk to) he seems genuine enough, and im not a sceptic in anyway, but i do feel that the most haunted team have made a few bucks out of it, in fact if you look at the credits at the end you will see Yvette Fielding mentioned not only as the producer but her husband as Director, or some kind of production assistant.

However, im very interested in 'is there a life after death' etc, and i have been regressed a couple of times.

Anyway, its a good show.

:lalala:
Dave.
bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 12:47 PM   #5
Little Bird
Administrator

Dave ya nonce. It was Yvette and Karl's idea. They are married and came up with the idea in their sitting room and the production company Antix at the same time. It is their baby completely. But that doesn't mean to say that the entire crew haven't become locally famous out of it. I only know a couple of friends who watch it. They can't see the real fun it it.

I have to honest and say that I don't 100% believe in Derek. I do believe he has a gift but I don't know how much he embellishes on it. I sometimes think he is the one moving the table or glass. And he is all to often quick to say that any noise is paranormal. Come on, that just can't be. Even my flat creeks and groans and they are down to expansion and contraction of the floor boards. To Derek, they are ALL a ghost making those noises. I would be more convinced if he could at least put some of the noises down to purely natural causes

MysteriousWisdom
Old 03-14-2005, 11:43 PM   #6
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

i saw the lighthouse investigation show that was mentioned, it was pretty freaky! i love that kind of stuff! however we live in the stone age and don't have cable, so i don't get to watch the sci-fi channel. however, i had a minor experience that may have just been coincidence but...my aunt and i were clearing out a bunch of antiques etc. from my great-grandmothers old house in massachusetts, there was this spot by one of the chimneys where we found this big old wicker stroller, everytime we went in that corner the flashlight went out, it was kind of creepy. not sure that would qualify as paranormal though. the next time i am up there (in mass.) i am dragging my friend kathy with me to re-investigate though. with any luck it will still be creepy:) if i got off topic, sorry:)

andrea

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 09:22 AM   #7
Little Bird
Administrator

The lighthouse one was in the first or second series so it was quite early.

Well last night was EXCELLENT. All sorts were happening. Can't wait for the new series. They are getting closer and closer to real hard proof, I can feel it.

Although I am very tired, coz it was on late, it was soooooo worth it.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 03-15-2005, 04:03 PM   #8
batsocks
Members

i`m a believer(cue dodgy song)but find myself scrutinising everything and trying to find a rational reason first before jumping to paranormal conclusions.
i too sometimes have trouble fully believing in derek, ever since he started going on about aliens at pendle hill. it just seemed a bit too much.

but i am hooked completely. there have been loads of great moments.

i`m not a fan of the webcams though. i`m sure its more my eyes deceiving me than anything else.
its a subject that fascinates me and i feel you have to be there to really experience stuff.

any thoughts on why the tv switched off?
Old 03-16-2005, 07:48 AM   #9
Little Bird
Administrator

Well my other half used to fix TV's and stuff for a living and he couldn't explain how the TV went off and yet there was still sound, unless the actual Tube was faulty. Now they never said if it worked ok after that so it is hard to tell. If they could use it without any problems after that, then it was just weird. If not, then it was just a faulty in the TV.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 03-16-2005, 08:10 PM   #10
batsocks
Members

:compbash: sort of