View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 10:48 PM   #1
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Crawfy-Glasgow Between 50 and 149 points
Default Is anyone Adopted on the JKF?

Hi everyone,this might be a sensitive subject for some people,but i would love to hear from anyone on the forum who was adopted as a baby or a young child.
Have you ever tried to trace your birth parents?
Have you had a good experience after finding your birth parents?
Have you had a bad experience after findind your birth parents?

I was adopted when i was around 8 months old and i have had a fantastic up-bringing by my mum & dad.I grew up with my brother Kenny who is just over a year older than me and he is also adopted but he is not my blood brother,but after spending about 43 years together,he will always be my brother !
I was always curious growing up wondering what my birth mum or dad looked like,and did i possibly have any blood brothers or sisters somewhere.
After doing some research and with the wonder of the internet i managed to get in contact with a blood brother David who is nearly 7 years older than me,and also a blood sister who is 18 months younger than me,wow,i have a little sister !!!
I have met them both,and even though i get on well with David and he is a cracking guy,i only talk to him on the phone every 3-4 months as he stays around 4 hours drive away from me in England.
With my little sister Heather its different,we hit it off straight away and i cant imagine life without her now,we are so close its amazing,i feel that i have known her all of my life,but its only been 2 years now. I just turned 44 and she is 42,i wish i had tried to find her years ago.
Seemingly,she was aware of me and had been searching for me for around 14 years with not any success at all.
Unfortunately she lives at the other end of the country from me,which is not too bad as we live in the UK,so where i live in Glasgow Scotland,Heather is in Portsmouth which is on the coast of South England around 450 miles away. I suppose if we were in the USA and lived at opposite sides of the country it would be more of a problem.
Anyway,i dont want to rattle on and bore everyone,but Heather and i speak on the phone every week plus we text each other all the time and we now try to visit each other arond 3 times a year for a week at a time.
I have also been in touch (by email only) with my birth mother who kindly answered some important questions i had wanted to ask her regarding the circumstances surrounding my adoption.
I am still not too sure if i want to meet her,but she seems nice and actually only lives around 2 hours away from me,strange.
So,basically i have had a very positive experience with my search for blood family,and i hope i am not alone,i would love to hear from any other JKF members who have had adoption experiences,good or bad,if you are willing to share them.
Thanks for reading this rather long thread,sorry.

Cheers Crawfy X.
Crawfy-Glasgow is offline   Reply With Quote