View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
Webbed
JKF Member

Webbed Between 150 and 249 pointsWebbed Between 150 and 249 points
Default Jewel at the Warfield in San Francisco: awesome!

Jewel was awesome at the Warfield! Honestly, I never thought that she would be playing at such an intimate venue anymore. There was no such thing as a bad seat. But most importantly, her performance was outstanding, and the crowd (though "rougher" and seemingly "less sophisticated" than the times I saw her at the Mountain Winery), was a great audience.

What was interesting about this venue is that the Warfield allowed people to take photos and videos too. Had I known that, I would have brought my nice camera....

I had my third Meet and Greet on this night. There were only 10 of us. This was a small group compared to my previous experiences where there were 70+ people wanting to meet with her. She hung out with us, spent those extra couple of minutes with each of us before taking the photos (instead of the usual 30 seconds), and was willing to sign more than one item for us.

This may have been my best Meet and Greet to date, and I'm glad to have been there.

By the way, touring with Jewel was Ashley Monroe, a 22 year old country singer. Her singing style, voice and story telling were very similar to Jewel. She only performed for half an hour before Jewel, but she was certainly a good fit for the tour.

Another great experience. Thank you Jewel!
Webbed is offline   Reply With Quote