Thread: 3 Days! WHOOO!
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 12:52 PM   #7
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I think you'd be hard pressed to consider any of Jewels future albums to be better than Pieces of you.

Think about it. Most, if not all of us, fell in love with her listening to that album and none of her albums since have come close to that. They're good but they just don't come up to that level anymore. They are different and that doesn't mean worse or bad, it just means different.

I personally like all her albums except the christmas one and I like each one for different reasons but when we sit and compare them (which I actually hate to do), there is a different level of depth in the newer albums than in POY or Spirit.

In POY, there weren't a lot of 'love songs' on there but more 'life songs' and songs that really opened your mind and made you think. The current album are all love songs in ways. Where are the life songs?

Don't get me wrong. A lot of my absolute favourites are on the new album. The writing of them is simply amazing. However; the production overwhelmss them somewhat and I think some people will miss out of the sheer poetic genius in the lyrics they're listening to. I think that is a shame and I hope people sit there and pay attention to the breathtaking and beautifully emotional prose used to create these lovely songs.

I will always prefer a raw Jewel. It's what I fell in love with and it's what I will always go back to. I will always pick a raw Jewel song to listen to over an album produced version, with the exception of POY.

Just my opinion and I understand if people disagree with me. We have a lot of members here who first heard Jewel much later in her albums so they are already used to a more produced Jewel.

I'm happy to listen to anything she produces for us to listen and no matter what, I will always support her and any project she endeavours in the future.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote