View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 12:46 AM   #1
Banned

007 Between 50 and 149 points
Default Favourite Jewel Song to Cry To?

Okay, first off, we all do it, we're humans. AND THIS WAS NOT MY IDEA.

My brother's a huge Prince fan, and he said that people have discussed (forum?) what is their favourite Prince Song to cry to.

Mine being "Sometime It Snows In April", because of the death of his son. If you don't cry when understanding that song and hearing it knowing it's meaning, you're not human. My brother usually crys during any live performance of "Purple Rain". Last month, Super Bowl, I had on my purple smoking jacket, and had my buddies around, couldn't hold it in, so beautiful. It's beuaitful, man. (No brother jokes, either, I've watched him lift four hundred pounds off the floor and military press it, so....he's a strong man physically, but Prince makes him weep.)

Time to swallow your pride (because their were worse choices I could have chosen for favourite song), and tell the world.

I'll start. I'm not a cryer, I was taught to hold in all emotion especially in public, but then I get home in the quiet, dark, it's another story, especially after a hard hit on the tumbler.

I've found "Angel Needs A Ride" quite restorative, but after nigthmares (which freqeuntly recur) "Angel Standing By" is especially nice to get me to nod back off to sleep. "Angel Needs A Ride" is especially nice, because it has "I'm tired and I'm lonely, and I just need somebody by my side", in it, which is another mirroring of me.

"Daddy", because I see similarities in the mirroring of our feelings. I had father like that. The first time I heard that song, I froze in my chair and actually froze with the similar feelings.

Off Jewel, I told you my Prince choices, and I actually remember "Hello" by Lionel Richie.

For those of you who don't get it yet, this is for total embarrassment of one's self, and to prove that I'm human, because all humans cry, and I just realized that it was normal, for me this is a breakthrough, which is why I want to know if anyone else here has a 'cryer' song.

Please advise.

Up Spirits! (But don't cry in your beer)

Jones
007 is offline   Reply With Quote