View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 09:45 AM   #37
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points
Wink

My opinions on 0304 have changed and mellowed over the years.

At first I didn't care for it too much.....but I admit it has grown on me! I listen to this album (minus the song 'Haunted', which I feel doesn't quite fit in too well w/this album) to workout to all the time. It really energizes me! It's also great to listen to while driving, just roll down those windows and blare it! :-)

The conclusion I have to come to regarding 0304 is that it is SMART POP. There really isn't any fluffy filler, no meaningless lyrics.....like so much "pop" today. All of these songs can (and a few have been) performed acoustically, and they still stand on their own in Jewel's regular repertoire. Once you have gotten used to the overall sound of this album, pay more careful attention to the lyrics and their underlying message. They can be serious, more deep and meaningful than the sound that accompanies them...

I feel this is how Jewel intended it - for the sound to almost contradict the lyrics; almost as if she is testing the listener to see if they can think beyond the sound, if are really paying attention...

That, my friends, is true creativity!

Last edited by DreamsLast; 03-29-2010 at 09:58 AM.
DreamsLast is offline   Reply With Quote