View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Crawfy-Glasgow Between 50 and 149 points

Thanks Christie for the reply,thats a brilliant story,i bet there must be hundreds of these kinds of stories of emotional reunions out there.
When i have told friends etc about this story they always seem genuinely intriuged,i think its an interesting topic for people because most people grow up with their biological parents and blood sisters & brothers and its just normal really to have a bond,and a close relationship with your blood family,so when they try to think of searching for blood family who they have never even seen,and then actually meeting them and in a lot of cases that same bond seems to exist even though the person is a total stranger,its amazing.
I have told the story to people who find it fascinating and then they say to me,'my god,i wish i had another family out there somewhere i could find',maybe because unfortunately not all blood families get on with each other,and the though of having another family they might have a closer relationship with gives them a feeling of hope,then they realise they are not adopted so they must accept the family they have.
In my case i was in no wat trying to replace my adopted family,i have been brought up in a stable loving envioroment and i have no chip on my shoulder about being adopted,i was only curious which i reckon a high percentage of adoptees are to search for blood family.
I have not even told my mum and dad that i have contacted my blood family,even though many years ago they said they would support my brother or me if we ever did want to find family,but my dad is now 80 and my mum is 76 and i would never ever want to risk hurting them so best left a little secret for now i think.
I have told my brother Kenny though,he was fine about it but he has no desire to search for any of his blood family.
I hope other people feel they can share their similar stories of adoption or being reunited with long lost relatives.
Thanks again for reading my story,i hope my positive experience may even encourage any adoptees out there to consider searching for blood family,it could open up a whole new wonderful life for you !!!

Chers Crawfy x.
Crawfy-Glasgow is offline   Reply With Quote