View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #21
louloublu
Super JKF Member

louloublu Between 10 and 49 points

Oh I had written a lovely long post and my computer went all wiggy. Grrrr! Anyway you will all be happy to know that my car stereo relinquished my copy of 03:04. Yippee. It was a perfest day to listen to it with the windows rolled down. I could listen to Yes U Can again and again (badum-tish!). I'm addicted to that bass-line.

Anyway my point was that yes fine if you don't like 03:04 as a body of work but it is unfair to compare it to previous or subsequent albums.

When I listen to a piece of music or an album I like to take it as it is. Artistic integrity is more important to me than the genre of the music.

What I really love about 03:04 is how fresh and relevant it still sounds today. ("You learned love from Charlie Sheen") That's difficult in an industry where last months next big thing is this months has-been and saying the right thing and knowing the right people is more important than the art itself.

In the book Revealing Jewel, she talks about pursuing art rather than celebrity. If you pursue the art you will never lose because you will have been true to yourself.

Kinda the same thing as littlebird said but in a more long-winded way. Sorry lb!

Jewel pursues art and that is why she, and 03:04 will endure.

Last edited by louloublu; 04-06-2007 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistakes
louloublu is offline   Reply With Quote